The Northern Alliance’s ‘Leaders of Tomorrow’ Programme is an Alliance-led programme which aims to identify future potential leaders as part of a wider talent management plan.
The programme has been designed to help bridge the gap to middle leadership.
The programme consists of:
Day 1: An Introduction to Middle Leadership
- A look at leadership in the current educational landscape.
- Theoretical Models to effective leadership
- Workplace communication for effective leadership and managing difficult conversations
Day 2: Leadership in another Context
A vital part of the programme has been designed to give participants the opportunity to work with leaders outside their current school and to experience leadership learning and culture in a different environment. Each participating teacher will be paired up with another RQT in their locality and the paired teachers have been asked to facilitate a one-day visit to each other’s schools.
Day 3: Resilience and Leadership
- Building resilience for leadership (all delegates will complete the MTQ 48 Mental Toughness questionnaire)
- Leadership and influencing styles
- The work life balance
- Preparing for Middle Leadership Interviews (questions and data tasks)
For more information on this programme please email firstname.lastname@example.org