The Blue Coat School is National Teaching School and the lead school of the Northern Alliance. Along with our partner schools we have developed an NQT induction programme which is responsive to changes in the educational landscape. The structure and content of the sessions are tailored to meet the specific needs of the NQT induction year and beyond.
The course develops pedagogy and professional skills and explores an evidence-based approach to teaching and how to use existing research to inform the way they plan, teach and assess. The course is over the academic year so that delegates have a chance to implement what they have learnt and reflect on their experiences in future sessions.
Sessions are structured around the following:
Building positive relationships and managing behaviour – creating an engaging learning environment, practical advice from last year’s NQTs and course facilitators.
- Questioning techniques & Independent Learning.
- Challenging the most able, Growth Mindset and Character Development
- Assessment – AFL strategies. Summative and formative assessment. How to use pupil data and accountability measures.
- Differentiation – including SEND.
- Safeguarding/Prevent the role of the form tutor.
- Teaching and developing resources for pupils with EAL
- Outstanding T&L; reflection on your NQT year – career progression.
As well as covering key themes, bringing the NQTs together develops important professional relationships early in their careers. It allows them to share experiences and create supportive networks.
- Venue – The Blue Coat School, Egerton Street, Oldham
- 8 days of NQT Inset (see dates below)
- Advanced Skills Teachers/SLEs from the Northern Alliance facilitate the training programme
- All training materials are provided
- All meals & hospitality are provided
- The course has a clear Quality Assurance framework
Dates of NQT Inset
- Tuesday 27th September 2016
- Wednesday 12th October 2016
- Thursday 17th November 2016
- Tuesday 13th December 2016
- Wednesday 8th February 2017
- Thursday 23rd March 2017
- Tuesday 2nd May 2017
- Wednesday 14th June 2017
- All sessions start with lunch at 1.00 – 1.30pm and finish at 5.00pm.
Cost: £500 per NQT
For information on how to book places please contact Sarah Lord firstname.lastname@example.org