We are pleased to inform you that we are setting up an on-line payment service for the payment of lunch money, trips, events, tickets etc with a supplier called WisePay. This is a quick and easy to use system which is available 24/7 and allows you to make safe, secure payments on-line via your debit/credit card. We intend to roll out the different options, starting with payments for lunch money, over the next few months and you will be notified as and when the different options become available to you. We will continue to use Parentmail for general communication but all emails concerning online payments e.g. confirmation of payment, low fund reminders, trip payments will be sent through the WisePay system.
When will this happen?
You will receive a letter from us via your child w/c 18th May containing log in details. We will also send a message on Parentmail notifying you of when the letter has been issued to your child so you can check pockets and bags! If you have not received your details by Tuesday 26th May, please contact the admin team at school. Year 12 students will be issued with log in details on their return from study leave on 8th June. Once you have received your log in details please log on as soon as possible to ensure any problems can be dealt with before we go live. It is recommended that you change your password which will automatically change your username to your registered email address. This means that when you log in subsequently you will be required to enter your email address and new password. The original username provided by school will become redundant. There is a Help Guide which is accessible in the On-line payments section of the parents page on the school website but if you require assistance please do not hesitate to contact the school.
- there is only one account for each child so parents will be required to share log in details. In the event of parents residing at different addresses and a need for both to make payments, please contact the finance department at the school.
- If you have more than one child at the school you will receive separate log in details for each child but parents are able to link the siblings so they are viewed under a single log in – please see the How to Guide on the website.
What do I need to do?
- check your Junk/Spam folders and add the email address firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact favourites or approved sender list to ensure that any WisePay communications are displayed in your main newsfeed.
- ensure you use an up-to-date internet browser such as Internet Explorer v9 and above. Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome are recommended over the default browser with some smart phones and tablets.
- All parent accounts will automatically be set up to receive text and emails. If you do not wish to receive one or both forms of communication you will need to change your settings in your WisePay Account section on the home page – see help guide on the website.
Changes to contact details
You will be able to change your contact details in WisePay but it is imperative that you also inform the school so our internal records are up to date and in particular so that you will continue to be able to receive Parentmail correspondence. If you wish the school to make the changes in WisePay on your behalf please let us know this when you are submitting any contact detail changes to us. Remember you won’t be able to log into WisePay using any new email address until we have made the change in the WisePay system for you. As the current Year 11’s and 13’s will be leaving soon we are not rolling this out to these years. Parents of Year 11 students returning to our Sixth Form will be contacted in September with log in details for these students. Whilst we trust the transition will be smooth, if anyone does experience any difficulties please do not hesitate to contact the school if you need any assistance. If we are unable to help you, we will contact WisePay on your behalf. Please be aware that the options to pay using cheques/cash remain in place if there are any problems or for those parents/carers who do not wish to use the on line facility. However the WisePay represents a significant investment by the school and we hope that as many parents/carers as possible will take advantage of this accessible and secure method of payment for your child.